Miami County is a growing, vibrant region with a skilled workforce, access to major transportation corridors and opportunities for business growth.
The small-town atmosphere and rural setting support complement a business-friendly region where community leaders focus on providing a strong economic climate. Located at the southern edge of the Kansas City metropolitan area, Miami County offers businesses and their employees the best of both worlds.
Review the region’s overall economic health with these reports:
Most Recent Report | View All Economic Climate Reports
SizeUpMiamiCountyKS is a free, robust business analytics tool designed to support small and medium-sized businesses in a variety of stages. From the entrepreneur looking to start their first business to a seasoned business owner looking to expand their customer base, SizeUpMiamiCountyKS can assist in providing answers to:
- Where should I start my business in Miami County?
- Who are my competitors and how do I perform compared to them?
- How can I find more customers?
- How do I identify the best places to locate and advertise my business?
Discover New Customers
See how you size up by comparing your performance to all other competitors in your industry. SizeUp super-crunches millions of data points so businesses know where they rank.
Find new customers, suppliers, and better understand the competitive landscape. Visualize new business opportunities through lists of companies and analysis of consumers.
Target your ideal customers based on the preferred client characteristics that matter to your company. Then, determine the best places to target your next marketing campaign.
Interactively map demographic, labor force, and consumer expenditure data for your area. Tailor your analysis to the area around your address, or to a custom boundary.
What we do:
Business owners turn to the Miami County Economic Development Department for valuable data that illustrates the county’s economic climate.
A central point of contact, the department provides confidential numbers detailing demographics, market profiles, and employment indicators. Miami County’s team works with business owners promoting managed business development and retention in an emerging area of the state of Kansas.
The Miami County Economic Development Department:
- Assists in starting and growing businesses
- Provides hands-on workshops along with one-on-one business advising
- Acts as an intermediary to resource providers
- Prepares and distributes reports and research data on demographics, businesses, employment, market profiles, census data, workforce characteristics and available sites/buildings
- Provides maps and aerial photographs
- Provides technical assistance in areas such as marketing and business management