Miami County, Kansas, is a growing, vibrant region with a skilled workforce, access to major transportation corridors and plenty of opportunities for business growth.
The small-town atmosphere and rural setting make it a business-friendly place where community leaders are focused on offering a strong economic climate. Located at the southern edge of the Kansas City metropolitan area with its full range of cultural, educational, economic and entertainment amenities, Miami County offers businesses and their employees the best of both worlds.
Two communities, Paola and Osawatomie, have city-owned industrial locations available for development. Commercial and industrial sites have been identified in each of the county's communities. Retail prospects enjoy the options of available buildings in both downtown and second-tier locations.
Business owners turn to the Miami County Economic Development Department for valuable data that illustrates the county’s economic climate.
A central point of contact, the department provides confidential numbers detailing demographics, market profiles, and employment indicators. Miami County’s team works with business owners promoting managed business development and retention in an emerging area of the state of Kansas.
The Miami County Economic Development Department:
- Assists in starting and growing businesses
- Provides hands-on workshops along with one-on-one business advising
- Acts as an intermediary to resource providers
- Prepares and distributes reports and research data on demographics, businesses, employment, market profiles, census data, workforce characteristics and available sites/buildings
- Provides maps and aerial photographs
- Provides technical assistance in areas such as marketing and business management