- Road & Bridge
- Utility Permits
Permits & Regulations
- All utilities, contractors, and/or subcontractors must register with the Miami County Utility Division
- A permit is required for any work performed in the right-of-ways in Miami County
- Each permit must be completely filled out
- A design of the intended project must accompany the permit
- A Miami County map indicating the work area must be attached
- The permit must be submitted, allowing time for approval, before the start of the project
- The contractor is responsible for contacting the Miami County Utility Division, a minimum of 24 hours before the start of the project
- The contractor, or his representative, must have a copy of the approved permit on site at all times
- The contractor is responsible for contacting the Miami County Utility Division before the completion of the project
- If it becomes necessary to make changes to a permit, written notice must be received at this office and approved by the utility coordinator before any changes can be made at the site
- All signing, i.e. “Men Working”, etc., shall be properly displayed on each project. The “Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devises” is to be followed
- After a project is completed, the easement shall be returned to as good as, or better condition than it was before the start of the project. Completed projects will be inspected and the contractor notified if any additional cleanup is needed.
RegulationsFor complete regulations, read through the Accommodation Policy Manual.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact the office.