Do I need a permit to build a pond?
Unless a pond is proposed to be constructed in the floodplain, no permit is required by the county. Please note however, that no part of the pond can be located within the right-of-way. Please contact the planning department or road and bridge department to determine the right-of-way width. Permits may be required through the state for pond construction. Please contact the Kansas Department of Agriculture, Division of Water Resources for information and state permitting procedures. For helpful advice on pond construction and soil conservation, please contact the local Natural Resources Conservation Service at 913-294-3751, extension 3, or

Show All Answers

1. How can my property be developed?
2. Besides building, sanitation and entrance permits, what else should I check into in order to develop my property?
3. Can I build an apartment in my barn?
4. Can I place a mobile home on the property while I build my house?
5. How much land do I need to build a house?
6. Can I build in the floodplain?
7. Do I need a permit to build a pond?
8. Can I run a business from my home or property?
9. What uses are allowed on my property?
10. What uses are NOT allowed on my property?
11. How many horses can I have?
12. How many dogs and/or cats can I have?