NOTICE OF BALLOT AUDIT
As required by K.S.A. 25-3009, a postelection audit of ballots cast in 1% of precincts in Miami County shall be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 7, 2020 in the Public Viewing Room in the Miami County Clerk's office at 201 S. Pearl in Paola.
In even-numbered presidential election years, the law requires auditing of one federal contest, one state contest, and one county contest randomly selected after the election by Kansas Secretary of State.
The random selection of the precincts audited will be done at the regularly scheduled public Miami County Commission Meeting on August 5th, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. at 201 S. Pearl in Paola.
The results of the audit will be compared to the unofficial results from Election Day, and a report will be submitted to the County Clerk/Election Officer and Secretary of State before the Board of County Canvassers meet on Friday, August 14th, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. at 201 S. Pearl in Paola.
To find election results look on the left under Important Links for Election Results.You can customize your search for a specific race.
- Please note that all voter registration books close 20 days prior to any election.
- Polling locations are open from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Election Day.
- Election Calendar
- Voter Photo ID
- Provisional Results
- Write-In Results
- Candidate Listing
- My Voter Information
- Miami County Commission District Maps
- Register to Vote
- Open Positions
- Listing of Federal / State / Local Representatives
- Election Archives
- Voter Registration List Application
Election workers needed, Join our team today! Interested in earning money? Earn for yourself, your church, charity, or organization! Be a poll worker.
- Registered to vote in Miami County as either a Republican, Democrat or Libertarian.
- Available to work long hours. Election school is paid and is a minimum of two hours and election day is a minimum of 12 hours
- Willing to travel to polling places located within the county, and sometimes on short notice.
Election day wages at the polls is:
- Judges / Clerks - $120
- Supervising Judge - $145