NOTICE OF BALLOT AUDIT
As required by K.S.A. 25-3009, a postelection audit of ballots cast in 1% of precincts in Miami County shall be held at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 10, 2022, in the Public Viewing Room in the Miami County Clerk's office at 201 S. Pearl in Paola.
In even-numbered election years, the law requires auditing one federal race, one statewide race, one state legislative race, and one county race contest randomly selected after the election by the Kansas Secretary of State.
The random selection of the precincts audited will be drawn at the beginning of the audit by the Audit board.
The results of the audit will be compared to the unofficial results from Election Day, and a report will be submitted to the County Clerk/Election Officer and Secretary of State before the Board of County Canvassers meet on Friday, November 17, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. at 201 S. Pearl in Paola.
To find election results look on the left under Important Links for Election Results. You can customize your search for a specific race.
Please note that all voter registration books close 20 days prior to any election.
Polling locations are open from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Election Day
- Election Calendar
- Voter Photo ID
- Provisional Results
- Write-In Results
- Candidate Listing
- My Voter Information
- Miami County Commission District Maps
- Register to Vote
- Open Positions
- Listing of Federal / State / Local Representatives
- Election Archives
- Voter Registration List Application
Election workers needed, Join our team today! Interested in earning money? Earn for yourself, your church, charity, or organization! Be a poll worker.
- Registered to vote in Miami County as either a Republican, Democrat or Libertarian.
- Available to work long hours. Election school is paid and is a minimum of two hours and election day is a minimum of 12 hours
- Willing to travel to polling places located within the county, and sometimes on short notice.
Election day wages at the polls is:
- Judges / Clerks - $225
- Supervising Judge - $300
Contact Wendy for additional information at 913-294-3976.