Records Checks

  • Record Checks must be obtained in person by the individual requesting the records during normal business hours.
  • Only records belonging to the Miami County Sheriff's Office can be reviewed.  For incidents and reports that were handled by a different city or county agency or the Kansas Highway Patrol, contact the appropriate agency directly.
  • A more extensive personal background check may be obtained by visiting the Kansas Bureau of Investigations website. (A fee may be involved).

Letter of Incarceration Information

  • Letters of Incarceration may be obtained in person at no cost.
  • Letters of Incarceration may be obtained by the person incarcerated or their Attorney.
  • If request is made in person, requester must have a valid photo ID.